Janet Mixson is an Acupuncture Physician and a Diplomat in Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). She is Board Certified in both Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine. She is the owner & founder of the Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine Center and is licensed in both Florida & Georgia.
Ms. Mixson graduated Summa Cum Laude from the highly regarded Florida College of Integrative Medicine, where she studied under outstanding Chinese and American instructors. Ms. Mixson earned a Master of Science in Oriental Medicine. Her studies included Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Western Herbs, Nutrition & Dietary Therapy, moxibustion, Tui Na and other modalities.
Janet has received additional training from internationally renowned experts, including;
- Advanced Auriculotherapy (Ear Acupuncture), taught by Dr. Li-Chun Huang, O.M.D.
- Gynecology, taught by Giovanni Maciocia, CAc
- Quantum Nutrition, taught by Bob Marshall, PhD, CCN
- Master Tung’s Points, taught by Susan Johnson, L.Ac.
- Reproductive Medicine taught by Mike Berkley, L.Ac., and Dan Levine, MD
Janet is a member of the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, the American Association of Oriental Medicine and the Georgia Society of Oriental Medicine. Prior to practicing Acupuncture, Janet was a Business Director at Johnson & Johnson.
Janet frequently gives educational presentations on Acupuncture and health. If you are interested in arranging a presentation for your group, please contact Janet.